Pros & Cons of Planning a Holiday Wedding
Think you had the greatest idea ever by planning your wedding on a holiday/holiday weekend? Consider these pros and cons before signing on the dotted line.
- Out-of-state family and friends may already be in town.
- Family and friends can enjoy an extra day of relaxation after the wedding.
- Your venue may already be decorated accordingly, thus saving you money!
- This is a perfect way to gather friends and family that you don't get to see too often.
- Some people already have plans for the holidays.
- Holiday season, particularly in December, can already be costly. A wedding will only add to that!
- Venues and vendors may charge more to work during a holiday.
- Mother Nature can have different plans for your wedding day (just think of all the snow we had this past winter!).
In the end, no matter when you choose to have your wedding, remember that the most important thing is that you will be marrying the person you want to spend your life with.